What is Pilates?
Pilates is a form of body conditioning that focuses on developing a strong core by using the deep abdominal muscles to control movement and improve posture. Pilates develops muscle tone throughout the body and improves flexibility, posture, body awareness, balance and breathing.
We offer classes to suit all ages and ability levels. We can cater for the keen sports person, the weekend warrior, those who are not so fit and people recovering from serious illness.
Our classes at Total Physio continue all year, so you can keep maintaining your strength and mobility! Our classes are all taught by Chartered Physiotherapists, who are experts in body movement.
|Tuesday AM||Beat the Traffic Pilates||9.30am-10.20am||Level 2 – Improvers|
|Post Natal Pilates|
|Thursday||Healthy Bones Pilates||9.30am-10.20am||Level 1 – Beginners|
Suitable for anyone with Osteopaenia or Osteoporosis
|Switch on your Core Pilates||10.30am-11.20am||Level 1/2 combination – Improvers|
|Monday PM||Strong & Flexible||6.00pm-6.50pm||Improve flexibility and overall strength to help|
daily function and performance
|Precious Mums and Tums|
|7.30pm-8.20pm||Join us from 16 weeks|
|Hard Abs Pilates||8.30pm-9.20pm||Level 2 – Improvers|
|Wednesday PM||Find Those Abs Pilates||6.30pm-7.20pm||Level 1- Beginners for those with minimal or limited Pilates experience|
|Work those Abs Pilates||7.30pm-8.20pm||Level 3 – Intermediate|
|Flatten Those Abs Pilates||8.30pm-9.20pm||Level 2 – Improvers|
- All classes are payable in advance – we do not offer a pay as you go service
- Pregnancy classes run on a rolling basis, and can be joined at any time, subject to spaces!
- If you are unsure what level would suit you, please call us and we can advise you!
- Please note that parking for classes is on a first come, first served basis. We cannot guarantee that you will get a parking space for morning classes. There is parking at the park and ride at Stillorgan luas stop, or you can come by luas and get off at Sandyford!
- Don’t miss out, sign up now by calling us now or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post natal classes are not running at the moment due to numbers, but once we have sufficient numbers, we can start it up again on Wednesdays at 10.30am. Call us if you and your friends wish to sign up!
What are the benefits of Pilates?
- Improved muscle tone & strength without adding muscle bulk
- Better posture
- Increased flexibility
- Reduced stress on your joints and muscles
- Stronger spine
- Stronger bones
- Injury prevention
- Increased energy levels
- Improved immune system
- Improved sleep
- Improved physical & mental health