How Online Physiotherapy with Total Physio Works
Book a safe and affordable appointment online with a Chartered Physiotherapist from the comfort and safety of your own home.
How it works:
- If you are a new patient, we will send you on some forms to complete before your appointment, to get you set up on our system
- You will receive a reminder text the day before your appointment. Please download the Zoom app for free onto your device
- You will also receive an email with a link to join the consultation at your appointment time
Video Physio Consultation
Your physio will discuss your injury and how it is affecting you and diagnose your injury.
Personalised Exercise Plan
You will receive an online rehabilitation plan after your session via email.
Frequently asked Questions
What type of device should I use?
You should use your laptop with the camera and microphone turned on. You can also use a phone or tablet, but a laptop is the best option if possible.
What do I need to do to join my online physio consultation?
- You will receive a meeting invite link via email before your scheduled appointment
- Ensure you have the software Zoom downloaded onto the device you are using (phone / laptop / PC)
- Click the link in the email from us to “Join Zoom Meeting”
Do I need to have equipment at home?
Your physiotherapist will design a rehab program based on body weight exercises or whatever equipment and space you have available to you at home
What does it cost?
Our video consultations cost €50. We are working on a link through our website, but for the moment we are taking payments over the phone.
Can I claim back this session like normal physio sessions?
Once payment has been made, we will email you a receipt which you can submit to your health insurance provider.
All of our Chartered Physiotherapist are members of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists and CORU registered.
What should I wear for my online consultation?
Your physiotherapist will need to see the affected area and the joint above and below it. This is so we can check for swelling or muscle changes around the painful area.
- If you have pain in your neck or back, please expect to take your top off, so that we can see your whole spine. Females should wear a sports bra.
- If you have a shoulder or arm injury, please expect to take your top off, so that we can see your whole arm and the area around your shoulder blades. Females should wear a sports bra.
- If you have a hip or leg injury, please wear shorts so that we can see the affected area. You may need to take your top off if we suspect that your pain is referred from your lower back.
Tips to get the most from your online physio session:
- Set up in a quiet area of your house/office with a good Wi-Fi connection
- Have an exercise mat or towel handy in case we need you to lie on the floor to assess joint movement
- Have any equipment handy that you may need, including a foam roller, resistance bands or weights that you use
- Please ensure you have enough space to move around so your physio will be able to run through a movement assessment
- Please ensure your phone / device is fully charged
If you have any other queries about our online physio consultations please email us on email@example.com
We look forward to seeing your virtually soon! Stay safe everyone.
Online Physio Consultations
An Online Consultation allows you to speak one-to-one with an experienced Chartered Physiotherapist. You will get a detailed assessment & diagnosis, expert advice, and a personalised recovery programme from the comfort of your own home. Book Today!Load More