Does pain stop you running?
Do you suffer from recurring running related injuries?
Do you have pain when you run, but continue to run anyway?
Stretching and strength training alone will help clear many injuries, but if your gait style aggravates your injury, you need more. We offer slow motion video analysis of your running form and gait and running retraining with a Chartered Physiotherapist.
Up to 80% of runners will suffer from a running related injury in any given year.
Our Running Analysis Lab is designed to give you more information on the way that you run, and how your style of running may be contributing to persistent injury. That way, your rehab programme can include practical running drills targeted to improving your running style, as well as strengthening or flexibility work.
Our goal is to get you back running, without pain, as quickly as possible. Now that we can provide you with an even more thorough assessment, no stone will be left unturned in getting you back out there.
So, what's involved?
- Expert physical assessment of pelvic control, joint mobility, stability and flexibility
- Thorough, slow motion video analysis of your running form and style of gait
- Specific, practical drills and cues to immediately improve your running form
- Targeted exercises to correct areas of weakness and dysfunction identified
- Personalised video, with specific drills, cues and exercises to correct identified flaws and imbalances
The aim of Physiotherapy is to reduce the symptoms, speed up recovery and prevent reoccurrence.
Physiotherapy treatment may include:
- Manipulation of your joints
- Mobilisation of soft tissues
- Advice on use of heat or ice
- Postural / Ergonomic advice
- Dry needling / Acupuncture
- Exercise and movement plan