Sports massage, deep tissue massage and soft tissue manipulation are all the same thing, and involve loosening out tense, tight muscles to improve function and prevent injury.
Aches and pains can be caused by overuse injuries, by sitting at your desk, and from prolonged postures. Banish aches and pains and prevent them developing further by getting a sports massage every month or two. It really works!
If you’re not sure if you need massage or physiotherapy, just call us and we can discuss which would be most appropriate for you.
The benefits of massage
- Improves circulation and lymphatic flow
- Increases removal of metabolic waste
- Alters muscle tone, particularly good when you’re training for a long distance event
- Improves the condition of scar tissue when required
- Assists in mental preparation before a game